The Eldorado at 300 Central Park West, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, is the northern most of 4 twin-towered luxury equipment cooperatives that manage the west side of Central Park. The art deco design residence building fills the complete blockfront extending between West 90th and West 91st Streets and overlooks the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Storage tank in Central Park.
The Eldorado lies within the Upper West Side-Central Park West Historic District designated by the New york city City Landmarks Conservation Commission, and is a contributing industrial devices to the federally designated Central Park West Historic District.
The name is an inheritance from the previous El Dorado, a luxury elevator eight-story home block of 1902 that previously populated the complete block-front website.
The stock market crash that followed the starting of constructing ultimately overwhelmed its funding and by 1931 the structure remained in repossession and the specialist, Louis Klosk, a Bronx-based designer, lost it. It opened, reorganized under the Central Park Plaza Corporation. Author Sinclair Lewis chosen a tower residence in this developing due to the truth that it had views which bundled all the bridges of the city at that time.
The structure has 30 floors. The greatest floors stay in the 2 separate towers-- a design it programs other Central Park West co-ops like The San Remo, The Century, and The Majestic. It was built in 1929-- 1931 to the design of Margon & Holder, for the speculative house specialist Klosk. The painted metal finials of the towers are a design of Emery Roth, in association with Margon & Holder. "The futuristic sculptural detailing of the El Dorado, in addition to its geometric accessory and patterns and its contrasting items and structures, make it among the finest Art Deco structures in the city. The towers are ended by ornamented problems with abstract geometric spires that have really been compared to Flash Gordon finials," observes Steven Ruttenbaum. Details are cast in replica stone, and there are bronze panels of low relief. The symmetrical massing of the developing, with its terraced obstacles can be inned contrast to the visibly comparable massing of Roth's classically detailed The Beresford, finished in 1929, months before design of The El Dorado started.
It opened, rearranged under the Central Park Plaza Corporation. Author Sinclair Lewis chosen a tower residence in this structure due to the fact that it had views which bundled all the bridges of the city at that time. The biggest floors remain in the 2 different towers-- a design it programs other Central Park West co-ops like The San Remo, The Century, and The Majestic. [url=http://300centralparkwest.com/]300 Central Park West[/url]