4 1/2 year old grandsons behavour

4 1/2 year old grandsons behavour

Author
hippo
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi I am wanting some help or advice - My grandson is 4 1/2 he is a delight to have and look after he's is very intelligent, always busy building creating, drawing , coloring and everything a child can do a very outside person - what is happening our grandson will be playing quite happily and fine but then sometimes he gets carried away and starts to be a bit rough with his toys - the moment you tell him not to do that to the toys as they will break he may do it again so again we tell him to stop and then he just storms off sulking - will not return to come pack up the toys to put out of mind for not treating them right - he refused to come back he sometimes may even hide, or go in a different area of the house or outside and will not listen - and then when he does come back to pack up he back chats with a defiant look on face and snarly answers back I am picking up the toys - if we ask or tell him something we like him to repeat it so we know he has heard us - but just comes back with I know what you said very snarly like - when he gets very cheeky back to us he has had a smack he will then run away from the area and sulk or just cry - we ask him to come back to explain to him as to why he got the smack but refuses so the situation gets festered - cannot understand as to why he can be so happy and an angel then in 5 minutes he changes - our son has shared care and is at his wits end as to what to do also he has tried yelling, explaining, smacking, gentle approach but to no help - but then how ever long after the grandson will change again as if nothing has happened - at wits end and feel so sorry for our son as its really upsetting him immensely 
GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search