I'm going to miss his first day of school.

I'm going to miss his first day of school.

Author
Zingarella
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, new here. I need some input from other parents. My first born starts school this year.. I was asked earlier last year to go to Thailand for a family friends 21st birthday in early Feb. Thinking back to my earlier days i assumed he would start mid-late Jan as no one could give me any info on school dates. Anyway, the year progresses and I start to get a bit anxious about dates and ask his daycare provider if she would happen to know. She tells me "5th Feb". My heart sank. So before cancelling my holiday I call the school to confirm a start date. They tell me "Kindy starts on Jan 30th", the lady even checked with someone else in the office. Awesome. I fly out on the 2nd I will be here!! Then today, a week and a half before I fly out, the school puts on Facebook (real informative) that kindy starts on the 5th of Feb. I am devastated right now. To add to the fact, his father (we aren't together) has now informed me that he has to be away for work that week. Neither of us will be there for his first day. I know I could cancel the trip but I would be throwing away so much money, my girlfriends keep telling me not to worry and that he will be fine. I feel so guilty. I want to cancel but my husband absolutely refuses to let me, he says i need this and I have been looking forward to it for almost a year. He will take him to school and my Dad will be there but it's not the same. And Not to mention the fact i would be letting a fair few people down (there's 15 of us, we have tours booked etc). I don't know what to do. I would cancel my flight and go a later day but i have never been overseas before and i've only flown on a plane twice. I would have no idea what I was doing and that terrifies me! What would you do?? A lot of people have told me I'm just being silly and that i'm the one who's only going to be upset and my son won't even care.. but I feel so miserably horrible. 
GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search