Worried about incidents at school.

Worried about incidents at school.

Author
Ya Yower
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, we have a beautiful boy with Autism but he occasionally comes home from school with bruises that he couldn’t do himself.
Should I be worried ? Is there something I should do ?
AnitaBragge
AnitaBragge
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)

I would first ask the teachers politely if they know what may be causing them and for them to make an extra effort look out for him to make sure another child is not attacking him. 
Ya Yower
Ya Yower
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)Supreme Being (342 reputation)

Hi Anita, yes I’ve been very politely asking his teacher if they’ve seen any incidents occur but they either say no or that they can’t see the injury at all. But I’m sure I’m seeing bruises on him. I might need glasses maybe !
Ya Yower
Ya Yower
Supreme Being

I’m not sure if this is what it looks like but this looks like finger marks around his throat. Or maybe he’s scratched himself but it’s kinda difficult to scratch like this.

Edited
20/01/2018 by Ya Yower
Ya Yower
Ya Yower
Supreme Being

There’s been a few other incidents, about 60,of them and we photograph each injury just in case he’s falling out of the school bus a lot but the severe sunburn, finger bruises, head injuries and strap marks across his chest might be just from bad luck or clumsiness.

Ya Yower
Ya Yower
Supreme Being

I’ve found another mother with a similar problem with her daughter at school.

https://www.change.org/p/stop-beating-our-children-in-school

I’m sure it’s not every school and there are many wonderful teachers but it’s no secret that disabled children do get abused. I’m going to add my name becaus I think we need to do something for our little kids that can’t protect themselves. Please add your voice too and add your friends in too.
Ya Yower
Ya Yower
Supreme Being

Oh wow, over 1000 signatures in 2 weeks ! Thank you very much.
I don’t think the general population understand how things are so different in special schools.
If we get a few thousands signatures the lady organising the petition will take it to Rob Stokes to show that every child is worth the same and should be treated equally. I don’t understand why the abuse continues when the children can’t understand the reason for the torment ?
GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search