More about Art Therapy for Autism in Melbourne

More about Art Therapy for Autism in Melbourne

Author
AnitaBragge
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have established my own practices which have been positively researched and the findings published. I developed my particular approach to art therapy through the process of my Masters thesis, arguing for shared activity between therapist and client (as a means of positive engagement) as distinct from a traditional observer/analyser role. This approach utilises my particular skills as an artist, that is the ability to quickly draw or make expressive and recognisable imagery and human forms. This is particularly relevant to helping autistic clients develop symbolic language and their emotional recognition and expression. This is not the most common approach to art therapy but one that is particularly suitable for autistic clients. It is an approach put forward in an art therapy book by Evans & Dubowski titled Art Therapy with Children on the Autistic Spectrum.
AnitaBragge
AnitaBragge
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)Supreme Being (122 reputation)

AnitaBragge - 14/01/2018
I have established my own practices which have been positively researched and the findings published. I developed my particular approach to art therapy through the process of my Masters thesis, arguing for shared activity between therapist and client (as a means of positive engagement) as distinct from a traditional observer/analyser role. This approach utilises my particular skills as an artist, that is the ability to quickly draw or make expressive and recognisable imagery and human forms. This is particularly relevant to helping autistic clients develop symbolic language and their emotional recognition and expression. This is not the most common approach to art therapy but one that is particularly suitable for autistic clients. It is an approach put forward in an art therapy book by Evans & Dubowski titled Art Therapy with Children on the Autistic Spectrum.

For more information go to arttherapyonthespectrum.com. Anita Bragge
AnitaBragge
AnitaBragge
Supreme Being

AnitaBragge - 16/01/2018
AnitaBragge - 14/01/2018

For more information go to arttherapyonthespectrum.com. Anita Bragge

GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search