DESK CHAIRS THAT ROCK BACK AND FOWARD DANGEROUS !!

DESK CHAIRS THAT ROCK BACK AND FOWARD DANGEROUS !!

Author
skatergirl08
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Parents !!

Desk Chairs that rock back and forward . any idea 's !!!

My  Son a few days ago was watching his iPod , got carried away" Dazzled " and moved quickly on
the side of the Desk Chair (high back) style that rocks back and forward , he fell off it and hit his head on 
the side of his bed unit ,resulting in a fairly deep cut above the eye brow . 

i heard the scream , he came out of his room in a panic , i did too and my husband .
We tried to calm him down before seeing how bad the cut was, its was a bit deep. I rang 
Our family Doctor , they said come down right now. We got to the doc waited 10 mins and he had 
a look at the deep cut, not really saying out loud of how it looked. My son was having one of his Panic 
Attack's , trying to use his breathing tech he learnt in yoga (good skills to learn ) I needed them too . !
I felt a bit sick seeing what the size of the cut was . the doctor then use some special super glue to mend 
the cut together (My son was screaming while he did that) after a few minutes all was calm . The cut was 
closed and ready to go home. OHHHH What A day !. Thank goodness i had given my Son that morning 
a huge Christmas Santa Blanket to place onto his bed ,as if the blanket (Fluffy padded thing) saved him
from even more of a huge cut on his head. Life saver !!

I then got my Husband to remove the Chair ,replace it with a non rocking style .Still have to be careful !
Its amazing how quickly from being happy watching his iPod (free time) to next chaos ,blood screaming 
and not knowing what has happened ,how did it happened?
Parents if your Child has one of these chairs ,PLEASE KEEP IN MIND TO CHECK THAT ITS NOT NEAR 
THE EDGE OF THE BED UNIT , I never thought that it would lean towards the edges of the wooden bed frame.
Oh well could have been worse. !!! Its a safety Issue and has been removed ,don't want to go for a second time round.!
Check out the Childs room to see if the desk , chair are not to close to the edge of the bed. Peace of mind. Keep safe all.
Kind Regards Skatergirl08

MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS 
 TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC  CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS 

polpak
polpak
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)Supreme Being (988 reputation)

skatergirl08 - 08/12/2017
Hi Parents !!

My  Son a few days ago was watching his iPod , got carried away" Dazzled " and moved quickly on
the side of the Desk Chair (high back) style that rocks back and forward , he fell off it and hit his head on 

i heard the scream , he came out of his room in a panic , i did too and my husband .
We tried to calm him down before seeing how bad the cut was, its was a bit deep. I rang 
Our family Doctor , they said come down right now. We got to the doc waited 10 mins and he had 
a look at the deep cut, not really saying out loud of how it looked. My son was having one of his Panic 
Attack's , trying to use his breathing tech he learnt in yoga (good skills to learn ) I needed them too . !
I felt a bit sick seeing what the size of the cut was . the doctor then use some special super glue to mend 
the cut together (My son was screaming while he did that) after a few minutes all was calm . The cut was 
closed and ready to go home. OHHHH What A day !. Thank goodness i had given my Son that morning 
a huge Christmas Santa Blanket to place onto his bed ,as if the blanket (Fluffy padded thing) saved him

I then got my Husband to remove the Chair ,replace it with a non rocking style .Still have to be careful !
Its amazing how quickly from being happy watching his iPod (free time) to next chaos ,blood screaming 
Parents if your Child has one of these chairs ,PLEASE KEEP IN MIND TO CHECK THAT ITS NOT NEAR 
THE EDGE OF THE BED UNIT , I never thought that it would lean towards the edges of the wooden bed frame.
Oh well could have been worse. !!! Its a safety Issue and has been removed ,don't want to go for a second time round.!
Check out the Childs room to see if the desk , chair are not to close to the edge of the bed. Peace of mind. Keep safe all.

Self (long ago) and many others similar experience,  anything hard or not even sharp can be dangerous.

skatergirl08
skatergirl08
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)

polpak - 14/12/2017
skatergirl08 - 08/12/2017
Hi Parents !!

Self (long ago) and many others similar experience,  anything hard or not even sharp can be dangerous.

Hi polpak , i agree !!!
Yes that the problem ,if you really have a look at Items all have some sort of dangerous outcomes .As Parents we just 
have to keep in mind where certain objects ,e.g. Desk chairs ,coffee tables and so on are in the home and what if the child falls 
on them "are they in the way" maybe i don't need them to be right in the way for the to hurt themselves . We have tiles in the family 
room so that make sit worse. Slippy dip for running children. Scary i must say !!

MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS 
 TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC  CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS 

GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search