Hey Rade , how are you?
Wow thats a spanner in the water ! .I have come across this before !.
What you might think of doing is get an language assessment done again (as you said) either through a private Psychologist (ask your Sons Paed)
to write a referral letter ,get a test done and study the results . See if they match up and go from there. Its always the best to double check with reports
as you know we as
Mothers of Children who are on the Spectrum tent to do that !! peace of mind !!, I know its very stressful for you !! I understand !!
All too much for this time of the Year .
Write a Action List .....
1.... Make a booking with your Sons Paed Doctor
2. Get Him or Her Find A Prof Child Psychologist SPEECH AND SO ON. ,write a Referral
3. Do the test again , get feedback from the Psychologist of her or his opinion , compare findings of the reports .
4. Do they match up ....same results or are they totally different.?
5. Once the reports are studied and findings come to light then start shopping around for Schools .....
6. Take care as THIS IS YOUR CHILD NEXT CHAPTER OF SCHOOLING AND YOU AS A PARENT HAVE TO TRY AND MAKE THE
MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS
BEST CHOICE FOR HIM !!! Scary i know ! same here i am doing that very soon. Things we do for our Children!!
Having a Child on the Spectrum is hard sometimes , we have to look outside the huge school box ! .
7. KEEP POSITIVE AT ALL TIME'S ( even make yourself happy on that thought) all will work out in the long run.
Just keep ticking the list off slowly and don't let it over power you . keep on top of it all.
ASK QUESTIONS AND WRITE A LIST THAT WHEN YOU DO RING A SCHOOL YOU CAN ASK THEM ,WRITE DOWN
WHAT THEY OFFER AND WHAT FUNDING YOU CAN APPLY TO HELP AND SUPPORT YOUR SON.(have you joined AMAZE ? IF NOT THEN JOIN .
AMAZE HAVE LOTS OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING DIFFERENT TOPIC AND SO ON CHILDREN ON THE SPECT.
I AM LOOKING AT ANOTHER SCHOOL AT THE MOMENT FOR NEXT YEAR. IF YOU GET STUCK , MESSAGE ME IN PRIVATE
AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS OF IT ( DIFFERENT ONE FROM LAST TALK WE HAD). HOPE IS NOT LOST , JUST KEEP FOCUS. YOUR SON NEEDS TO SEE YOUR
QUICK THINKING , GET UP AND GO MUM ATTITUDE !!! WE SOMETIMES HAVE TO BE SUPER MUM IN THE DRESS UP COSTUME !!!!
KEEP WELL AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO WITH IT.
KIND REGARDS SKATERGIRL08
TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS