Save our Sleep SOS bedtime routine

Save our Sleep SOS bedtime routine

Author
Ashleigh10
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all
My DD has been on save our sleep routines from around 3 weeks with pretty good success such as sleeping through from 6 weeks and generally being a happy healthy baby! She is now 11 weeks and really struggling with bedtime all of a sudden, I'm worried I could be feeding her to sleep as our routine is breadtfeed, bath, massage, then express milk bottle feed in her room with her wrapped, book, then little song cuddle and into bed. She does go down awake and sometimes protest but I have been advised this could be feeding to sleep and tried to feed her unwrapped in the lounge last night and play a little before bed and she was hysterical- even in the lounge before bed and once in bed she cried on and off white hysterically for 2 hours!!! Sad
I was wondering what other mums on SOS bedtime routine is like so I could get some ideas and tips?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

skatergirl08
skatergirl08
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ashleigh10 - 12/10/2017
Hi all
My DD has been on save our sleep routines from around 3 weeks with pretty good success such as sleeping through from 6 weeks and generally being a happy healthy baby! She is now 11 weeks and really struggling with bedtime all of a sudden, I'm worried I could be feeding her to sleep as our routine is breadtfeed, bath, massage, then express milk bottle feed in her room with her wrapped, book, then little song cuddle and into bed. She does go down awake and sometimes protest but I have been advised this could be feeding to sleep and tried to feed her unwrapped in the lounge last night and play a little before bed and she was hysterical- even in the lounge before bed and once in bed she cried on and off white hysterically for 2 hours!!! Sad
I was wondering what other mums on SOS bedtime routine is like so I could get some ideas and tips?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Hi Ashleigh10,
Have you tried pulling the drapes blinds 20 mins before you put her down. make the room cosy ! No tv on , no digital media (phone)
try and rest on the bed together reading the book  having quite time. Having her in the lounge ,playing a bit will not 
always work  . As they get older , her hearing you read to her every afternoon (rest quite time) sometimes helps them 
to have a nap midday. Baby 's sometimes don't like change  can really make a fuss about LOL LOL. 
Try the afternoon story book (you have to rest also) even if you just lay there while she is in the cot. Same room .
She might start to follow that routine every afternoon. Reading out loud will be the routine in the afternoon as a toddler so 
starting now is the best ...she will love it .
All the best regards Skatergirl08

MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS 
 TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC  CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS 

GO