11 years old doesn't seem to be responsible and fight with his 4 years old brother

11 years old doesn't seem to be responsible and fight with his 4 years...

Author
maisaba
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi
My 11 years old son sits on youtube for long time watching guys talking about playstation games. He even likes to watch this more than playing playstaiton. He also likes to watch funny videos made by some famous youtuber. The problem is he stopped caring about his homework and he doesn't seem to take his school responsibilities and tests seriously. I can't take iPads from my kids because they use it at school for homework. He has good friendships at school and has no problems at school and no one at school is complaining, but on the other hand he is fighting a lot with his 4 years old brother and when he get involved with fights with his 11 years old sister, he would do things like pushing her hand, throwing something for her on the floor or do such physical reaction. He doesn't like his brother and rarely he does get along with him and I feel he feels jealous of his brother. The thing is when his brother was younger, we used to solve conflicts by telling him that your brother is young don't upset him or give him what he wants or for example if they fight over a seat, we would say let him sit and move because he is young and you are older and can understand more. If I don't stop on such things, life is fine and he comes to me sit and talk and even hug me. but if I want him to minimize sitting on his iPad, study and do his homework or even if I want him to not fight with his siblings, then life is hard and I don't achieve or even end up fighting with him. I don't want to ruin my relationship with him and don't want him to become a loser in life as well. How can I deal with him. How can I let him feel responsibility towards his young brother. I sometimes think if he saw some one in a park hitting his brother, he wouldn't defend him or take care of him.

P.S. He is doing well socially at school with boys, but he seems to want to fight with his siblings and if he is mad he would go to initiate a fight.

GO