ROLLER SKATING IS FANTASTIC SOCIAL OUTING FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE AUTISTIC

ROLLER SKATING IS FANTASTIC SOCIAL OUTING FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE...

Author
skatergirl08
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi There

Have you ever wondered about what social ,exercise hobby you could try with your Autistic Child?

After many classes running here and there trying different sports i had a brainwave one day
sick of spending money with Classes that are just tooo slow for my Son .Sometimes you have 
to think outside the box !. I happen to be walking along Williamstown Beach wih my Son enjoying 
the sunny afternoon when my Son took notice of other Children Roller Blading ,skating down the 
path .He looked at me and replied "Mum i would like to try that" . I was surprised he said that
since his balance wasn't always the best. I said ok we will look into it.

I contacted a Roller Skating Ring and had a chat with the manager. We both agreed that i would 
bring him down to have a look at the place and see if it isn't too noisy for him. We did that week 
and my Son straight away said to myself and my husband ":I would like to have a go now with 
the skates" I thought "ohhhh should i". We hire the skates and off he went.
A bit all over the place and then bingo off he went. We now every week on Friday night drive to 
the ring for "Friday Night Disco Roller skating. All Ages ...best vibe ...Fantastic Staff 
caring ,understand that my Son is Autistic and can some weeks be a bit "LOUD"
but no-one takes notice ,and has helped my Son's Social Skills to Meet and greet
other Children who are not Autistic. My Son is having Lesson each week ongoing 
and always looking forward it.. Sometimes on Disco Night likes to just skate 
past the huge video screen and sing ,have a great time.

I would recommend parents to try this pass time with their child ,it helps with
getting use to noise, crowds and above all helps with making friends who 
will try and not judge the Child ever though sometimes it shows that they are Special Needs.
And best of all" Parents" they have a coffee, Hot Snack's and fantastic Retro / latest Music Video's us Parents can laugh ,remember when we where Kids ". stroll down  Memory lane." when we where growing up.

I asked my Son one day while we where driving to the ring" Do you enjoy roller skating?'
He replied "I love it Mum ,I feel when i am on the flloor i feel  fast and Free best hobby ever"
I have at last found a hobby that my Son can do for many years to come and get lots of exercise too!
TRY IT YOU NEVER KNOW THERE JUST MIGHT BE A ROLLER BLADE STAR (HIDDEN TALENT 
IN YOUR CHILD IN THE MAKING) , 

Just think outside the box and never think you cannot take your child to a Social Public Place 
because they are too loud and son on. Keep positive and you can always leave after a while 
if the kid cannot cope!You ever know they might just LOVE IT !

Kind Regards Saktergirl08

MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS 
 TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC  CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS 

GO