HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO HAVE A ACTION PLAN SET IN PLACE BEFORE MAINSTREAM PRIMARY SCHO

HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO HAVE A ACTION PLAN SET IN PLACE BEFORE...

Author
skatergirl08
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi There,

Lets talk about Action Plans before starting Mainstream Primary School with a Special needs Child.

Here are some tips that i found to be having gaps in the system and problems i had to deal with 
my son's experience.

1. Make sure you and the School totally understand the guide lines are set and have being read ,understood
of what the School expects and you as the parent of the child and what you expect from them.
2. You have "ALL THE PAPER WORK FROM THE SCHOOL REGARDING FUNDING LEVEL AND THE
NUMBER OF HOURS YOUR CHILD IS GETTING". That way you totally understand and aware of the program.
3. Once a week quick meetings with the teacher (Progress report Verbal) and then every month written short 
report on going progress. This way as a parent if the Child is falling behind in writing and so on you can follow it up 
e.g. ....tutor if needed ....
4. Safety...... Check school grounds if they are in the guide lines ....Fences med high....extra padding on the play ground 
on swing and so on. No sharp or huge rocks in the garden beds.Yeah they look good but a child can fall and break bones 
or worse cut their head on a rock. Has happen!!!.No Huge out dated old book stands in the wall ways or worse out in the play
ground...."what where they thinking....Come on Where is the Child safety officer.... Got remove very quickly when OT report came 
in. As a Parent.....PLEASE LOOK AROUND AND HAVE A SAFETY CHECK LIST YOURSELVES EVEN BEFORE YOU ENROL
YOUR CHILD INTO THE SCHOOL. 
What oval's, parks next to the School that the Child can go onto during playtime.....I staff member of the School on yard duty 
is not good in my books.
5...NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC....BULLYING A CHILD WITH A DISABILITY ....
WELL WHAT CAN I SAY........
Make sure you put into writing (dated, when and where it happened) it started. Photocopy for your 
files and address it to the main office.
Follow up complaints with ...First teacher ...then ask what has been done about it.
You should have to chase around school staff to get feedback and specially the Principal of the School. Not good enough!!!
If the problem is not controlled after Six Months contact education Dept. They need to be informed of the problem.
Its not good enough that Staff and principal turn the other cheek it will not go away ...and they have the duty of care 
of children from the moment they arrive on school grounds.
What i did notice is that PARENTS of other students are aware of the bullying going on but refer to stay low key
as their attuide to it is "Its not my Child". Well i can say SHAME ON YOU .
Bullying Programs should be followed up and Children that do that in groups should be watched by staff
at the school and a action plan anti-bullying should be taken action right away. not"i didnt see, hear anything ".
Its not just the parents problem its the School's who allow this bullying to take place. Its like a breeding ground for them.Its a nasty social 
trail that if left to fester can impact Children's life and Happy social skills. 
KEEP A DIARY OF NOTES OF ANY PROBLEMS YOUR CHILD COMES ACROSS 
THAT WAY YOU AS A PARENT CAN TAKE ACTION ON BEHAVE OF THE CHILD.
Children sometimes copy what the social thinking of the parents are ,and act it out in the playground.
Some of those parents are on School council ...SHAME ON YOU TOO!!!!!!!.
6. Speak up and make the School system more better for Children and change for the positive 
attitude's toward Children with disabilities . We as parents of the Child will make a difference for the next
generation ,hope ,getting along and accepting what is different. Be strong for the Child and go forward.
Don't be afraid to speak up!!!!! make a difference ,there are people who care !!!
Kind Regards Skatergirl08

MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS 
 TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC  CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS 

GO