Almost 4 year old boy refusing to wear underwear

Almost 4 year old boy refusing to wear underwear

Author
Julie Heeney
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am new to these forums but desperate for help. My DS turns 4 next month and goes to the toilet but refuses to wear underwear to the point that he screams and kicks and hurts me when I try to get them on him, so eventually I have to give up. He has also developed a red and itchy bottom because he is wearing his tracksuit pants without any underwear and they he is experiencing chaffing in his bottom. I have the necessary creams to help with this but I just don't know how get him to wear them. I have tried taking him shopping to find his favourite character underpants, I have tried boxers and plain underpants, I am just at a loss of what to do and getting very stressed with it all...I have even tried getting the exact same ones that his 12 year old brother has but in a smaller size but no...
Mason
Mason
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)Supreme Being (542 reputation)

teenyh77 - 19/09/2017
Hi, I am new to these forums but desperate for help. My DS turns 4 next month and goes to the toilet but refuses to wear underwear to the point that he screams and kicks and hurts me when I try to get them on him, so eventually I have to give up. He has also developed a red and itchy bottom because he is wearing his tracksuit pants without any underwear and they he is experiencing chaffing in his bottom. I have the necessary creams to help with this but I just don't know how get him to wear them. I have tried taking him shopping to find his favourite character underpants, I have tried boxers and plain underpants, I am just at a loss of what to do and getting very stressed with it all...I have even tried getting the exact same ones that his 12 year old brother has but in a smaller size but no...

Can you maybe get some micro fibre trackies for him instead? I bet he will want undies at school to be like everyone else.

Julie Heeney
Julie Heeney
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)Supreme Being (107 reputation)

Mason - 19/09/2017
teenyh77 - 19/09/2017

Can you maybe get some micro fibre trackies for him instead? I bet he will want undies at school to be like everyone else.

Hadn't thought of that, I might give it a go! Thanks for replying!

skatergirl08
skatergirl08
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)Supreme Being (262 reputation)

teenyh77 - 19/09/2017

Hi teenyh77, 
There is a book called "Captain Underpants"  you might want to buy one of the books 
Big W have them for sale . Try and read a few Chapter's of the book and have a chat about 
Mr Captain Underpants and how cool it is to wear "underpants " . They have know made a movie 
of him and its funny. . Also try BONDS boys 100% cotton ....let you 4 year pick what colours he likes.
I did this with my son and it worked after many times and we are getting there with the issue. i understand how 
hard it can be ....keep trying and try the book. Its fantastic to help the child to understand the progress of 
...from pull-ups to undies . Good luck ...let me know how you get on if you like.

Kind Regards skatergirl08

MOTHERS VOICES ARE THE BEST TOOLS 
 TOWARDS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ,
HAPPY AUTISTIC  CHILDREN GROWN INTO CONFIDENT ADULTS 

GO