MIL night time baby sitting

MIL night time baby sitting

Author
lozboz87
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hey everyone.
I'm having some issues with my husband and mother in law on the topic of night time baby sitting (when husband and I go on dates).
I have this "expectation" of asking MIL to come over to our house (she lives literally 2 minutes away), getting the kids ready for bed and having them in bed when we get home.
My husband thinks this expectation is unrealistic and he thinks that the kids (4.5 & 2.5) should just go to her house where they can stay up late and have fun.
The thing is, we have done that a couple of times and both times, the girls were still awake by 11 pm, she didn't even attempt to try to get them into bed or asleep. Just watched movies all night. (She can't say no when the girls ask for lollies & biscuits). So then we pick them up, and then get them into bed when we get home, taking another half an hour before we climb into bed.
My husband thinks it's not fair to ask his mum to come here to get them ready for bed.
What are your thoughts on this?
Is it unrealistic to want my mother in law to be more hands on and involved in bed time rather than just "supervising" their play time.
GO