Laying awake in crib

Laying awake in crib

Author
Mum11111
Forum Member
Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)Forum Member (30 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have a 5-6 week old. She is an excellent night sleeper but during the day, I often put her down and when I check on her, I find her not sleeping. She's settled but she is just laying awake in her crib. She'll cry out when she's hungry for a feed or fuss a little and we put her dummy back in and she's fine. I always cuddle or rock her until she is drowsy or at the very least really settled before I put her down. She can normally put herself to sleep after that eventually. Even when I do put her down asleep, she wakes up right away anyway.
My question is, is it ok to just leave her in there for a long period of time, settled and content but wide awake? I feel terrible leaving her in there all alone in the dark!
GO