How to get rid of inappropriate content for teenage children ?

How to get rid of inappropriate content for teenage children ?

Author
Lesedi123
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Teaching an offspring to use the internet safely is the biggest concern of every parent. With the growth and dependency on technology I feel our children who are already adept with mobile devices are not educated about online privacy, phishing, viruses, social networking etiquette and other countless security issues you can think of. The challenge of protecting children from harmful content is biting off more than you can chew. Even though there’s a whole industry of internet safety and security experts, I feel responsible for what my child is getting him into- especially in his puberty years. Instead of keeping an eye and tracking his utility of the internet, I have made my work a lot easier by using apps like SecureTeen Parental Control.

che_32
che_32
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)

It's good to know that you've found some helpful apps. Personally, exposing children to mobile devices at an early age has a lot of disadvantages. We can't control what they search and watch nor interact with using their phones. That's why they say it's more appropriate to give children their personal phones when they reach 14. It's because I think with this age, children can already distinguish good vs bad. Social media, unless used responsibly, can be a big dilemma. 
Lesedi123
Lesedi123
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)Forum Guru (55 reputation)

che_32 - 15/07/2017
It's good to know that you've found some helpful apps. Personally, exposing children to mobile devices at an early age has a lot of disadvantages. We can't control what they search and watch nor interact with using their phones. That's why they say it's more appropriate to give children their personal phones when they reach 14. It's because I think with this age, children can already distinguish good vs bad. Social media, unless used responsibly, can be a big dilemma. 

Yes. Of course.  you are right mate.
GO