Kicking, biting, punching

Kicking, biting, punching

Author
Scuppers
Forum Member
Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

I'm new here so please be gentle Wink

My 5 and a half year old son James had a special day at school today where every child was allowed to take a small toy to prep. James wanted to take his Thunderbirds toy which is large, fragile and expensive. We refused, explaining that it could easily be broken at school and gave him a choice of plenty of smaller toys such as hot wheels. I was already at work and he threw a tantrum on my wife, wouldn't stop crying and refused to go to school. This went on for so long that he was late for school and my wife was late for work. I'm still at work so I don't know the details, but last I heard my wife had sent him to his room but not without him kicking, biting and punching. If I was home, I know he wouldn't try this on me. I spoke to him on my wife's mobile but he was crying and irrational. I told him to do what mummy asked or he wouldn't be able to go to see Cars 3 at the movies. This didn't even work, even though this is really important to him. He cried louder and dug his heels in.

This is the third time that they have been late when he doesn't get to take what he wants to school.

Without me there I wonder how my wife can manage this without the situation becoming physical. 

Any helpful thoughts/advice much appreciated.

che_32
che_32
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)Supreme Being (230 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Kicking, biting, punching seem common to kids. Smile If James doesn't kick, bite, punch, or throw a tantrum when you're around, you can try taking him to school. Smile Hopefully, this will make things easier and better for all of you. Smile
GO