Sleeping on a different storey as your child - Please read and help!

Sleeping on a different storey as your child - Please read and help!

Author
Theresabelle
Forum Member
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have a bad feeling about a living arrangement in regards to my step-children.
At their home away from home, they're sleeping on a different storey as their Mum and her partner. The reason that this doesn't sit well with me is that this house is an old Queenslander with no internal stairs and the children are locked in so they have no way to escape for reassurance or in a fire.
We have expressed our views to Mum who thinks we are being dramatic. Are we??
MamaOwl
MamaOwl
Forum Member
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)

How old are the kids? Can their mother hear them and go to them if they are distressed, wet the bed ect ? Do they feel safe and happy being there? It sounds ok to me. I think it's natural to worry about your kids whenever they're not in your care. Hope that helps.
daddydaycare50
daddydaycare50
Forum Member
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)

Theresabelle - 23/06/2017
I have a bad feeling about a living arrangement in regards to my step-children.
At their home away from home, they're sleeping on a different storey as their Mum and her partner. The reason that this doesn't sit well with me is that this house is an old Queenslander with no internal stairs and the children are locked in so they have no way to escape for reassurance or in a fire.
We have expressed our views to Mum who thinks we are being dramatic. Are we??

I wouldn't be happy with this...it doesn't sound as if it's a different 'floor' of a house, but is effectively a different dwelling if there are external stairs and a locking door...

Although the big thing that isn't mentioned is the age of the kids...if they are older kids teens etc perhaps its less of a problem but I wouldn't be happy with this at all.. Kids wake up in the night for all kinds of reasons and need to be able to access the assistance of a parent/carer without having to venture outside/down steps etc etc ....

But... really the ages of the kids and their level of capability is the key..

GO