Intro

Intro

Author
SN-Mum3-xx
Forum Member
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I really want to introduce myself
I am a mummy of 3 equally beautiful children
I am currently studying bachelor of nursing
Recently my eldest daughter got diagnosed with asd

I have so much I want to say and ask
But to cut it really short, I have read through posts after posts and couldn't help myself but to jump on and say hello

My beautiful child got diagnosed with asd and it happens to be that girls are more difficult to recognise and I find myself struggling with people questionimg the diagnosis, I also struggle with the hoops you need to jump through to get help financially, I find it difficult I have done so much work and have so much interest in Nursing which is largely focused on the physical being rather then psycosocial being of a person and prior to diagnosis my knowledge has been so limited to ASD.... a few among a few other fustrations.
But then I have also found the diagnosis to be a blessing, we can help our beautiful child get help needed, our family have come much closer and I find I can understand our child and have that extra consideration

I also want to acknowledge that this diagnosis does not define my child and I will fight to make sure my child gets the most normalised life.
People are social beings, as much as they need safety, food, water ect. I want my child to "fit in" as much as possible, asd is no outcast.. we do not define people with a flu to be outcasts nor should we people with asd. We are all individuals and all beautiful

I am sending love and support to all these parents are carers
xx
New2ASD
New2ASD
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)

Well said! I am new here too Smile Thank you for sharing x
pvroom
pvroom
Forum Member
Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)

Hi there, I am new to this forum and to the world of ASD too. You are not alone in your worries and thoughts, I feel the same. I am studying teaching and have to say that it is quite similar, a lot of the other students I am going through the course with have NO understanding of ASD and honestly sometimes their views are concerning on the topic.
GO