Need to vent, and some advice

Need to vent, and some advice

Author
Maree34
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)Forum Guru (74 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi guys. I am new here and didn't know where to post this topic. Okay, so my daughter is sick with a bad cold (she's 26 months old). She absolutely won't take her medicine. 
I have tried various flavors, bribery, games, trying to hide it in food and drink.  Anyway, I know none of these things work with her. She has always refused to take it. Either clamps her lips shut or spits it out.  So, tonight, I had to force her to take it. She absolutely screamed the house down. I made it as quick as I could.  The problem lies with my partner. We had an argument about it and he started telling me that I "need to make it fun" , "obviously what I am doing is not working", comments like that. I told him that I have tried everything and it doesn't work, that I am with her most of the time so I do know what she is like. He is hardly ever home which is fine because he does a great job providing for our family but I sometimes feel like he questions my parenting skills. I told him that maybe if he's so full of advice, he should give it to her, but I got no response. My partner is a great guy, and I love him heaps but sometimes he just thinks he's right all the time. I feel so bad forcing my little girl but I really want her to get better. 
I am sorry for the long post, but I feel like a bad mother and need to know if I have done the wrong thing?
Isobelf
Isobelf
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)Supreme Being (86 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have explained to my partner that I really welcome his input as a father. But at the end f the day I am the one providing the care and I need to be able to do things my way but I strongly welcome his advice and opinions. I named some times where his advice changed the way Inparented. But he needs to do it constructively. If he dos not do it constructively I will not be held responsible for the losing of the temper.
GO