Bed wetting advice for a ten year old boy.

Bed wetting advice for a ten year old boy.

Author
Jane71
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
My son is 10 years old & still struggles with wetting the bed. Over the past 4 years we have:
He has a wet sheet so the washing is reduced & we have not used pull ups for 4 years.
For a period of 9 months, woke him at midnight & taken to toilet, this worked but was not advised as it isn't teaching him to wake by himself.
We have been through 3 alarms, they work as it wakes him & the accident is only small, very often just a drop in the underpants. But without the continuance of the alarm I know he wouldn't wake up. 
We have seen a chiropractor for adjustments.
We are currently trying acupuncture.
We encourage drinking as much water during the day as possible so he is hydrated and limit the liquid at night but don't discourage drinking if thirsty. Only water, no fizzy drinks.
His diet includes lots of fiber so he isn't constipated.

BUT, nothing is working.
My question is, has anyone had success and short term usage of bed wetting drugs?
I have researched them over the internet & see there are risks BUT we have camps coming up this year & I don't want my son embarrassed or to miss out.

Would love to hear some advice....
GO