Constipation and behaviour

Constipation and behaviour

Author
teenyh77
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)Forum Guru (50 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have a 3 1/2 year old boy who is constipated and he will not let me go, I constantly have to hold him and when I am at work, he wants my Mum to hold him all the time. He won't play with his toys and says he wants to be held as his poo is coming but it doesn't come. I have been to the GP for advice and put him on laxatives/stool softeners but it has only been a few days and not seeing any results. I just wondered whether anyone else has gone through this. I am struggling to picture him playing with his toys again and I hate seeing him like it. Also he is getting too big for my Mum to hold. I am at my wits end so any help and advice would be appreciated!
GO