Advice - understanding autism seminars?

Advice - understanding autism seminars?

Author
ano
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)Supreme Being (343 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask your advice on something.

I am a mum to a 10 year old with ASD and ADHD. He was DX 8 years ago now, and is doing well. I have also just finished my PhD in sociology. I want to use my skills and training to help families like ours. So I am now keen to run understanding autism seminars for everyone. This includes parents/ carers but also extended family such as grandparents, aunts, uncles and close friends of the family. I've found that extended family often want to help but just don't know how or they have questions but don't quite know how to ask. Alternatively, they need help to 'see' what it is like for us living with ASD every day.

I also want to do something affordable! (under $15-20 pp) So much of what is out there is so expensive!

I plan to come to Burwood(VIC), Bendigo(VIC), Warnnambool(VIC) and Geelong (VIC) this year, and really want my new venture to be a success. If you live in these areas, where would you advertise understanding autism seminars?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

(Dr) Amy Wilson

Mum to my beautiful DS aged 9 years (ASD, ADHD)
GO