Oppositional defiance disorder

Oppositional defiance disorder

Author
3 of boys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)Forum Guru (56 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, Has anyone had any experience with a child with ODD ? If so what steps did you take to address this ?
Cheers Jeannie
James78
James78
Forum Member
Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)

I don't but I'd like to know more an It it. I think my youngest might have it.
One of each
One of each
Forum Member
Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)

Hi Jeanine,
My almost 8year old son is showing these behaviours. School teacher alerted her concerns and he was assessed via school counsellor using Achenbach and Connors assessments, we then saw a paediatrician and a paediatric occupational therapist. He also is showing some sensory processing difficulties and has very poor nutrition as he will only eat 6-8 different foods all bland and easy to eat and lacking in much nutritionally.
He is starting SOS Therapy for picky eaters and a program called Zones of Regulation with the OT and she will also observe him in the classroom.
He will also be seeing a psychologist once these other things get started.
And I probably need to drink more wine!!! It's heartbreaking watching is distress and feeling we have messed him up somehow but at least we have started ad will be able to support him.
I hope this helps,
S
Razor
Razor
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Your son sounds like our 9 year old daughter. She has been diagnosed with ODD this week. She also has a poor appetite and only eats a very limited range of foods and bland at that.
It's hard getting them to cooperate with simple tasks and everything annoys her.

I'm interested in this SOS you talk about. We have seen a speech pathologist and they said it seems as though she may have sensory issues, but I don't think that's it. I think there's more too it.

GO