Daycare

Daycare

Author
Mumlife
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)Forum Guru (58 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi ladies.
I am a mother of soon to be four and need some advice/info. My partner and i just had a beautiful little girl nearly six ago. I was on the mini pill then levilen. 
Anyway, we are nearly 4 months pregnant! I am returning to work in a few days and will go back on maternity leave in five months. 
I wont receive any maternity pay from work or the.government as the gap isnt 10 months.
I fear i may have to return to work aftera few months when bub ia born. 
Im so torn as i love my job but obviously want to stay at home with my babies. And i think i will have to return to work as we nees the income.  But two lots of child care might be just as expensive. 

Has anyone been in a similar situation?  
Any help would be great 😊
Demarchie
Demarchie
Forum Member
Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mumlife - 5 January 2017 10:22 AM
Hi ladies.
I am a mother of soon to be four and need some advice/info. My partner and i just had a beautiful little girl nearly six ago. I was on the mini pill then levilen. 
Anyway, we are nearly 4 months pregnant! I am returning to work in a few days and will go back on maternity leave in five months. 
I wont receive any maternity pay from work or the.government as the gap isnt 10 months.
I fear i may have to return to work aftera few months when bub ia born. 
Im so torn as i love my job but obviously want to stay at home with my babies. And i think i will have to return to work as we nees the income.  But two lots of child care might be just as expensive. 

Has anyone been in a similar situation?  
Any help would be great 😊

Hello,
I had my first baby in June of last year and i was able to get the government funded maternity leave but then had to go back to work when my little boy was 5 months old. This caused me to have major anxiety because i felt he was far too young. Being my first child i found it incredibly hard to hand him over to a complete stranger and trust that they would do what's best for him as he can't tell me if something's wrong. He is now nearly 8 months old and i am really happy with his development and he remains a very happy baby, if not happier than he was before. The exposure to other kids and other adults has helped him become a more secure and experienced baby. As for cost, including the child care rebate it costs me $30 per day so even if i had to have two children in daycare it works out better finically to go back to work.

The only downfall to this situation is that i have less time with my little boy, and this is time i can never get back. If i had the choice i would stay home with him and take him to play groups, but unfortunately the bills still need to be paid.  

Hope this has helped Smile

GO