Kissing baby's vagina is wrong

Kissing baby's vagina is wrong

Author
Lana48
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)Supreme Being (100 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Help !!
Are there any other parents out there that find this wrong😓. My mother in law from time to time has decided to kiss my daughter's ( now 20 months ) Vagina. No , not the tummy or belly button but the vagina. I have asked her numerous times not to do this but she just replies with ' it's a virgin vagina' . I've mentioned this to my husband but he thinks I'm over reacting . . I feel very unsupported in this matter 😓
I don't think she means any harm in doing this but to me part of my role as a mother is protecting my daughter from this inappropriate Behavure.
Mason
Mason
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)Supreme Being (390 reputation)

Lana48 - 13 December 2016 11:17 PM
Help !!
Are there any other parents out there that find this wrong😓. My mother in law from time to time has decided to kiss my daughter's ( now 20 months ) Vagina. No , not the tummy or belly button but the vagina. I have asked her numerous times not to do this but she just replies with ' it's a virgin vagina' . I've mentioned this to my husband but he thinks I'm over reacting . . I feel very unsupported in this matter 😓
I don't think she means any harm in doing this but to me part of my role as a mother is protecting my daughter from this inappropriate Behavure.

This is just gross, if someone put their mouth near my son's penis they would quickly find themselves with a black eye, my own parents included. I don't think your over reacting at all, it's sexual abuse no matter how you frame it.

AMC
AMC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)Supreme Being (136 reputation)

Mason - 17 December 2016 12:41 AM
Help !!

This is just gross, if someone put their mouth near my son's penis they would quickly find themselves with a black eye, my own parents included. I don't think your over reacting at all, it's sexual abuse no matter how you frame it.

Hi,
Sorry to hear you feel unsupported. It's tough!
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's sexual abuse but it does sound inappropriate to me. I think it's a situation where you can definitely be very firm in saying, "Stop. That's not ok." Especially as at 20 months your daughter isn't really able to say it for herself. 
Even if you don't feel supported at home, know that there are plenty of mums who support you in this! 
Good luck!!
mumstella
mumstella
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)Supreme Being (530 reputation)

This is sexual abuse no matter how you look at it. You won't want your daughter to grow up thinking it's fine when a relative kisses her vagina. Try and explain it to your husband. 
smokingfoxreal
smokingfoxreal
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)

Help !!

i am sorry to hear that you are going through this. your husband should be sticking up for you. this is not right she is teaching ur daughter that is okay if people do that to her. you need to be strong and tell mil. to back off. she is your child no one elses.or else u may have regrets in future.  all the best.
KMW
KMW
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)

Lana48 - 13/12/2016
Help !!

I know your post is a few months old but I am commenting anyway....firstly, when I saw the title of the post I just went...WHAT!!!?   Hey...this is NOT ok.  I do not care what your MIL thinks or says...or your hubby for the matter... it is sexual abuse. Not sure, but is your hubby's family from a different culture?  Maybe they have a thing about this...if so, then it's time they were educated as to what is appropriate and acceptable. Many people do these things and think it's ok to touch/play/kiss them as they are young and it doesn't matter but it does!!!   There is a book out called "My underpants rule" and it deals with private parts protection for children and helps to educate them.  As a mother of two young bubbas...a bit younger than yours...I am so careful how I touch and deal with my own children.  If it's not necessary then I don't touch.... they still have a right to privacy and respect as tiny people.  Hope this helps you to feel more supported.....
janet61
janet61
Forum Member
Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)

Lana48 - 13/12/2016
Help !!

know you posted this a few months ago but have just registered. YES you are right to question your MIL actions. i dont think talking to her or your husband will get any resolution for you as they're just not listening/hearing you. would probably keep an ear/eye on MIL and ask her to leave with this happens. will probably have ramifications between your husband and yourself. But if my mother or anyone was doing this to my child i would tell them to stop now and leave immediately. is this a cultural thing? DOES NOT matter it is unacceptable.
God bless.
smokingfoxreal
smokingfoxreal
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)

janet61 - 07/04/2017
Lana48 - 13/12/2016
Help !!

know you posted this a few months ago but have just registered. YES you are right to question your MIL actions. i dont think talking to her or your husband will get any resolution for you as they're just not listening/hearing you. would probably keep an ear/eye on MIL and ask her to leave with this happens. will probably have ramifications between your husband and yourself. But if my mother or anyone was doing this to my child i would tell them to stop now and leave immediately. is this a cultural thing? DOES NOT matter it is unacceptable.
God bless.

yes you are so right. could you inagine if the FIL did it. so why should the MIL  get away with it.. just saying

GO