My son Ethan and possibly autism?

My son Ethan and possibly autism?

Author
Ethansmommy2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)Supreme Being (157 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello im new and hope this is the right place to post. Im a 36 yo mom of three. Hailee 18 NevAn 7 And my baby boy Ethan is 28 mo old. In needig some support I guess and an idea on things to expect. He has not been diagnosed but has a lot of the traits and my  Dr has referred him to a pediatrician. Idk what to expect after that.  I knew something was different at about 16 mo old. Not much eye contact ..or maintained  eye contact...and if there was it was like hes looking through me. He would smile n laugh at us and hug us .. however over time I noticed .. Not a lot of gesture to communicate .. never had he waved hi or bye .. point at things  (2 times recently)  totally independent on his own .. In in his own world..now that he is almost 2.5 he is in speech therapy..infant development..i take courses... and he's on the pediatrician list. Im scared. But at the  same time..i love him so much and he is high functioning and always happy n content Smile n I dont see anythimg as wrong.. . Only different. He communicates now very subtly and it's hard so.etimes. ppl font understand y he won t a knowledge them or other kids. Plz help me to lkno what to expect in terms of ASD if u have experience ..i need some understanding ..if he is on the spectrum.  Ty 

GO