Mmr injection 4 days prior to conception

Mmr injection 4 days prior to conception

Author
Hannahb12
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)Forum Guru (65 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

I am 8 weeks pregnant and was planning to start nursing in a few weeks time. I fell pregnant unexpectedly after having an mmr injection 4 days prior (a requirement for the enrolled nursing course.) I have done a lot of research regarding the harm that the mmr can do to the baby and the risk seems to be low yet i have also been to an obstetrician who was quite negative and didn't seem to know much about the injection(it was a terrible experience) he later called me and told me that there is only a 1-2% chance of there being any risk to my baby after finding out more. I'm just wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who has had the mmr injection prior to pregnancy ( it is recommended to wait 1-2 months before getting pregnant after mmr)
Krystalkis
Krystalkis
Forum Member
Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)

Hannahb12 - 26/06/2016

I am 8 weeks pregnant and was planning to start nursing in a few weeks time. I fell pregnant unexpectedly after having an mmr injection 4 days prior (a requirement for the enrolled nursing course.) I have done a lot of research regarding the harm that the mmr can do to the baby and the risk seems to be low yet i have also been to an obstetrician who was quite negative and didn't seem to know much about the injection(it was a terrible experience) he later called me and told me that there is only a 1-2% chance of there being any risk to my baby after finding out more. I'm just wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who has had the mmr injection prior to pregnancy ( it is recommended to wait 1-2 months before getting pregnant after mmr)

Hi hannahb12
How did everthing go with your pregnancy and baby? I had the MMR vaccine too after testing negative when I was pregnant. I was given support and good evidence that there is no more of a risk than a normal pregnancy without the mmr vaccine. I was already immune. It was a booster. 

daddydaycare50
daddydaycare50
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)Supreme Being (191 reputation)

There was never any credible proof that MMR did any hard to anybody, and it's safety prior to pregnancy was not the subject of the scare anyhow..

The infamous "MMR study" has been soundly debunked and there really is nothing to worry about! Enjoy your pregnancy and hope it's going well.

GO