Moving to Melbourne from Adelaide

Moving to Melbourne from Adelaide

Author
sanjaya
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)Supreme Being (99 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

I have a 3 year and half old son who was diagnosed for autism. I'm currently living in Adelaide and willing to relocate as we would get more family support over there in Melbourne. But, i know i will have to consider many things before moving there to make sure my son will get the same level or more support for his development both in therapy and care places.

1. Currently he is with NDIA and it will be transferred when he moved. So i don't have any problem with that.

2. He will be attending to a special kindergarten here from next year and i would like to know what options do we have in Melbourne as such?

3. He is taking ABA therapy at the moment and i'm keen to continue on that. So, any recommendations on ABA programs in Melbourne?

4. What would be the best area to live in Melbourne to get more support for him?

It would great if any of you can help me sorting out these basic stuff before i move into melbourne.

Thanks

Sanjaya.

Charlies song
Charlies song
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sanjaya - 30/03/2016
Hi All,

I have a 3 year and half old son who was diagnosed for autism. I'm currently living in Adelaide and willing to relocate as we would get more family support over there in Melbourne. But, i know i will have to consider many things before moving there to make sure my son will get the same level or more support for his development both in therapy and care places.

1. Currently he is with NDIA and it will be transferred when he moved. So i don't have any problem with that.

2. He will be attending to a special kindergarten here from next year and i would like to know what options do we have in Melbourne as such?

3. He is taking ABA therapy at the moment and i'm keen to continue on that. So, any recommendations on ABA programs in Melbourne?

4. What would be the best area to live in Melbourne to get more support for him?

It would great if any of you can help me sorting out these basic stuff before i move into melbourne.

Thanks
Sanjaya.

Hi Sanjaya, 

Definitely a lot to way up. Support is everything I say that because I have very little and as they grow it could get harder.
I am south estern  Melbourne so only limited to my knowledge around here. Best chance (Glen Waverly) has a special kindergarten program, then there is On track Learning Project held in East Malvern also. Both fantastic. 
There are afew ABA therapy locations. We looked at Happy Oak in malvern. They seemed lovely but we couldn't afford the fees or time requires for it. 

On this side of the city there a lot of places to access help. Many special needs schools, lots of therapists, and a lovely area. 

All the best with the move
GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search