2.5 month old suddenly not sleeping

2.5 month old suddenly not sleeping

Author
Tejbarua
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)Supreme Being (127 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
This post is reg my baby's both day and night sleep issues, sorry for the long post, but want help desperately...

My 2.5 month old girl has always been a good sleeper at night but from last couple of weeks something has changed. We are currently co-sleeping. She used to sleep soundly before only waking up at around 3-4 am for a feed. Now, almost the whole night long she will keep squirming, rub her eyes, touch her hair but with her eyes closed ( she does not let us swaddle her arms). Then from 4 in the morning she will be wide awake, ocassionally dropping off to sleep only to wake up again. This goes on till 7 in the morning, no amount of cajoling will make her sleep.

Even during the daytime, she does not nap for more than 30mins at a time, and that too only in my arms, so we are unable to follow the eat/wake/sleep pattern.

What should we do? She turns 3 months on the 13th of Oct. we are losing sleep as a result of this. During the day i m alone with her and as she does not sleep much i m unable to get anything done and this is affecting me both mentally snd physically. Can you please help!

baxter
baxter
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)Supreme Being (117 reputation)

difficulties just because they dont believe in their own abilities. Believing yourself is one of the most important things that will meet the expense of you the omnipresent strength to solve any kinds of sums as i OptiMind n the make snobbish as GCSE Mathematics is concerned. Here, you should prevent yourself to be all over again-confident. If you have become clever in solving any kinds of sums, it doesnt turn that you should not attempt to solve it again. This leads to forget the methods that you are using to solve it and your efficiency will mixture less gradually. So, you must attempt tov http://www.healthcaresups.com/optimind/

joshuazhao
joshuazhao
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)Supreme Being (131 reputation)

Hi, new mum and dad, I had a new born boy with the same problem as depicted. He cannot be swaddled, when approaching 4 am or so, he just keep squirming, which no amount of cajoling would work for him to settle down. We are not experienced parents, we would like to share how we cope with this situation. As losing weight may be the direct consequence, whilst my wife may love to.

I normally hold his little hands, refraining him squirming in terms of well fed and patted. He may not feel happy but you need to stand firm to guide him. At this very moment, we need to apply the silicone soother to settle him down. At the mean time, I laid over with him, letting him awared you being with him, increase his sense of safety. Till the day break, he successfully has been settled. Namely, at 4 to 6am, either one of your pair should accompany the new born. I trust your new born girl could be settled in the same way.
Nmomoftwo
Nmomoftwo
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)

I was in the same boat and with similar situation, but babies magic tea did a miracle and our baby now sleeps through the night. The tea is organic and herbal and no preservatives at all, so safe or newborns.
Pip78
Pip78
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)Supreme Being (119 reputation)

Tejbarua - 27 September 2015 1:40 PM
This post is reg my baby's both day and night sleep issues, sorry for the long post, but want help desperately...
My 2.5 month old girl has always been a good sleeper at night but from last couple of weeks something has changed. We are currently co-sleeping. She used to sleep soundly before only waking up at around 3-4 am for a feed. Now, almost the whole night long she will keep squirming, rub her eyes, touch her hair but with her eyes closed ( she does not let us swaddle her arms). Then from 4 in the morning she will be wide awake, ocassionally dropping off to sleep only to wake up again. This goes on till 7 in the morning, no amount of cajoling will make her sleep.
Even during the daytime, she does not nap for more than 30mins at a time, and that too only in my arms, so we are unable to follow the eat/wake/sleep pattern.
What should we do? She turns 3 months on the 13th of Oct. we are losing sleep as a result of this. During the day i m alone with her and as she does not sleep much i m unable to get anything done and this is affecting me both mentally snd physically. Can you please help!

Oh that sounds really tough! My little girl is a couple of weeks younger and not a great sleeper during the day, I am getting around this by doing a lot of baby wearing and getting out of the house as much as possible. I am still trying to get her to sleep in the bassinet, but if she doesn't go off after 20 mins then i get her up, go for a walk, go out or put her in the baby carrier. In terms of the night waking, I would suggest giving Tresilian a call. Their number should be on your child's blue book and they have some great advice. Good luck. 
Itemfulds
Itemfulds
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)Supreme Being (507 reputation)

Tejbarua - 27/09/2015

The sleeping habit of the baby changed every now and then. That is normal for a baby but if it bothers you, go your Pediatrician and ask for advice. Maybe the Pedia would give her vitamins to help her sleep. But for me, it is the habit sleeping of the baby that nothing to worry. Good luck!
RoamingMommy
RoamingMommy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)Forum Guru (59 reputation)

Itemfulds - 18/04/2017
Tejbarua - 27/09/2015

The sleeping habit of the baby changed every now and then. That is normal for a baby but if it bothers you, go your Pediatrician and ask for advice. Maybe the Pedia would give her vitamins to help her sleep. But for me, it is the habit sleeping of the baby that nothing to worry. Good luck!

I agree with the advice given above. I'm not sure if you have taken your baby to the Paediatrician yet, but he should give you good advice of why your baby is changing behaviour so often.
It happened to me too when my baby was little... she would change behaviour every couple of weeks, but was told it was normal at that age. It is always safe to check with your doctor.
If you feel you need expert help you can check out this article that outlines reputable sleep expert sites where you will find free advice as well as their contact details of you need them https://www.roamingmommy.com/top-27-best-baby-sleep-experts-you-absolutely-need-to-check-out/I would recommend you start off with Tresillian  (https://www.tresillian.org.au/advice-tips/) as they offer free advice up until 11 pm every night. They also offer a day stay or long stay where they help you understand your baby's sleep patterns and how to help him get a good rest. There are other experts on the list that offer different levels of consulting but also great tips free of charge on their sites, if you'd like to check it out. Good luck! 

Edited
27/06/2017 by Moderator
GO