School gifted and talented program?

School gifted and talented program?

Author
Hip2bSquare
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi guys,

My DS7's teacher has said that he could be enrolled in the school gifted and talented program next year (when he starts year 3), and thinks he would benefit from it. However I've walked away feeling confused because I have no idea what it would entail, what would he learn there, would he be outcast or would he enjoy himself, etc? Apparently it's off-campus?

Can someone tell me anything about this!

We are in Perth, I don't know if that makes a difference.
babybibsplus
babybibsplus
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)

In the program we have here they get to do a lot of fun things. The program is to challenge them and to give them higher learning activities that they don't get in the classroom. It will also help them to not get so bored because they aren't challenged enough in their other classes.
asnmdirteha
asnmdirteha
Forum Member
Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)

Hip2bSquare - 08/11/2014
Hi guys,

My DS7's teacher has said that he could be enrolled in the school gifted and talented program next year (when he starts year 3), and thinks he would benefit from it. However I've walked away feeling confused because I have no idea what it would entail, what would he learn there, would he be outcast or would he enjoy himself, etc? Apparently it's off-campus?

Can someone tell me anything about this!

We are in Perth, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Some of our students in the US were also in a similar situation and they had to take a test. Some students opted out but we still got all the students working off of Beestar's GT program to keep them prepared and ready. The students enjoyed the questions and it kept them motivated. I think that either we enroll the students into these programs or not it is still helpful to keep them engaged in learning the new material. Beestar does a great job helping them.
GO