How to teach drawing and basic vocabulary

How to teach drawing and basic vocabulary

Author
veronica77
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)Supreme Being (193 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am new to this site, looks good for parenting tip, i have 2 kids aged between 4 and 7, and i am looking for ideas on improving the younger one's vocabulary and older one drawing and writing skills,

though i solved the younger one's issue by buying some books on matching drawing to text and he is doing well remembering those words in drawing and i am using my tablet and mobile which they take away to play games :-) by installing app on those same line, i found a bunch on the app store, i tried this one finally and it good and free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SuperSmartKids.ConnectDotsFree), suggestions welcome

brendschot
brendschot
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)

veronica77 (26/10/2014)
Hi,

I am new to this site, looks good for parenting tip, i have 2 kids aged between 4 and 7, and i am looking for ideas on improving the younger one's vocabulary and older one drawing and writing skills,

though i solved the younger one's issue by buying some books on matching drawing to text and he is doing well remembering those words in drawing and i am using my tablet and mobile which they take away to play games :-) by installing app on those same line, i found a bunch on the app store, i tried this one finally and it good and free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SuperSmartKids.ConnectDotsFree), suggestions welcome

I have 2 kids too. I am follow your post to get info.

I

when you have good method pls share to me. Thanks!

offgamers
GCmum
GCmum
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)Supreme Being (353 reputation)

Hi, I'm new also Smile, I have a suggestion for your older child, have you tried the excercise books that have traceable letters, this might help?
lovesmile
lovesmile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)

hi,

i think you should doawnload 'Kids draw' game for your kids. Because with this game, your kids can draw, paint every he like. And this game is free

This game is actually beneficial for kids, enhance their painting skills !

How to play:

- Use finger draw by touch on the screen, the back button to undo kids previous drawed line.

- With several different colors, press color button to change color.

Feature:

- Children can save their art into album, share with friends.

- Can load pictures and photos from the gallery.

- Kids lean color combinations, make their own colors.

This fun paint game help children to express their thoughts and feelings, develop their own special style, also increase kids imagination . Your babies’ll have hours fun with it.

Let's play this fun and educational game!

* How to download: Click on the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jingle.kidspaint or you can seach Google Play -> Ursa Kids -> Kids paint.

* Game icon:

lovesmile
lovesmile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)Supreme Being (385 reputation)

you want to improve kids' vocabulary? can download this ABC game- a fun and educational game for kids,which is designed to educate as well as to entertain, help children learn English quickly and effectively. With this intelligent game, your kids will remember new word better and pronounce correctly, develop their memory skills.

Feature:

- This game has four fun activities : learn ABC, correct image, puzzle, quiz.

* “Learn ABC” : learn effectively 26 letters of the English alphabet and related words. Each letter come with a lovely picture, the letter and related words will be pronounced.

* “Correct image” : find image relating selected letter.

* “Puzzle” : Move the pieces to the right place in order to recreate the letter. You can check children of memory.

* “Quiz” : arrange letter to make meaningful words, check kids of vocabulary.

- With colorful and attractive image, this game certainly makes learning more fun for yours babies, develops children of observation, concentration. Being so much fun, it also will keep their attention for a long time.

* How to download: Click on the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jingle.kidslearnabc&hl=en or you can seach Google Play -> Ursa Kids -> Kids learn ABC- App for kids.

thsttl
thsttl
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)Supreme Being (156 reputation)

thanks for sharing. I will collect some useful information above to complete my parenting skill.

Sharing valuable advises of parenting skills
sahithya
sahithya
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)Supreme Being (906 reputation)

There are plenty of ways to teach your kids about the drawings. Do not narrate everything, just ask you child imagine themselves to draw. You just give them ideas what to draw, leave to them how to draw. Here is an excellent article to teach drawing and improve their skills. : http://www.momjunction.com/articles/drawing-ideas-activities-and-projects-for-your-kids_00368831/
SunMarina
SunMarina
Forum Member
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)

sahithya - 14/10/2016
There are plenty of ways to teach your kids about the drawings. Do not narrate everything, just ask you child imagine themselves to draw. You just give them ideas what to draw, leave to them how to draw. Here is an excellent article to teach drawing and improve their skills. : http://www.momjunction.com/articles/drawing-ideas-activities-and-projects-for-your-kids_00368831/

Hi, Sahithya,

that was a great article. Thanks for sharing it. Sometimes I lack the ideas what and how to draw with my kids! I also like coloring pages and cutouts Smile
questionable
questionable
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

In addition to the above ideas, you can try:
White board and markers.
Chalkboard
Chalk on the wall/cement outside
Painting with water
You can buy some whiteboard/glossy books in many stores that are themed (paw patrol, disney princesses etc). The child can trace shapes, lines and copy drawings then rub out and do it again another time (reusable)
The important thing is to go with something they are interested in! It is so much more appealing to children.
Also you can print out tracing activities from google images (search free printables). of whatever your kids are interested in - cars, movies, TV show, animals etc.
I tend to stay away from apps personally but its your choice really.

GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search