Has or is anyone done the Biomedical Treatment for Autism and ADHD?

Has or is anyone done the Biomedical Treatment for Autism and ADHD?

Author
1elf2elf
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)Supreme Being (829 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was just wandering has or is anyone done the bio-medical treatment for Austism and ADHD? If so I was wandering where is the best place to go to in Sydney and do how much does it cost? Is it covered by the Facsia funding?

Also does anyone know what is the best multivitamin to take for my 5 year old daughter who has autism and severe ADHD?

kezmum
kezmum
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)Supreme Being (1.2K reputation)

Hi,

Yep, we are doing doing the biomedical approach, along with ABA.

I reckon we have found the best doctor in Sydney, possible the country. He was the first doctor to introduce this approach to Australia. His name is Dr Antony Underwood, and he is in Sydney - Pymble Grove Health Centre, Suite 11, 924 Pacific Highway, . He has along waiting list (we got luckym he had a cancellation the day we called) ph 9418 1388. He is a very knowledgable man, I am SO SO happy we found him.

I HIGHLY recomend him.

The changes in our son since we have been seeing him (and ABA) have to be seen to be believed. Dr Underwood said he is "waking up".....

BTW......I am not on comission haha

allycat
allycat
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)Supreme Being (22K reputation)

Casey I can recommend the fishy oils - help with memory, learning and behaviour. Have to be taken for at least three months for noticeable changes to be seen though as some of our ASD kiddies diets are so bad (no matter what some parents do) that they are very deficient.

Mum to DS12yrs, II ASD and DS9yrs, HF.ASD,ADD,GDD.
dmum28
dmum28
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)Supreme Being (588 reputation)

Hi our son is doing the bio-medicine since his diag. He started off having hair samples sent to the USA. That showed his high levels of heavy metals and what he is lacking. He has been on zinc drink, also phosserine plus pills, butar's cream which draws out the metals. He is now having to do a urine test which is frozen and sent to the USA which will show what vitamins he needs etc - not cheap will cost us $400 and no none of this is covered under your package. Our appts are bulk billed but none of the medication is which is not cheap but in the 5 months our son has been on it we are seeing changes. We also do floortime which our son loves. If you have private health insurance you can claim on non PBS prescriptions - amount able to claim depends on your cover etc.
XamMommy
XamMommy
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)Supreme Being (176 reputation)

dmum28 - 20/06/2010
Hi our son is doing the bio-medicine since his diag. He started off having hair samples sent to the USA. That showed his high levels of heavy metals and what he is lacking. He has been on zinc drink, also phosserine plus pills, butar's cream which draws out the metals. He is now having to do a urine test which is frozen and sent to the USA which will show what vitamins he needs etc - not cheap will cost us $400 and no none of this is covered under your package. Our appts are bulk billed but none of the medication is which is not cheap but in the 5 months our son has been on it we are seeing changes. We also do floortime which our son loves. If you have private health insurance you can claim on non PBS prescriptions - amount able to claim depends on your cover etc.

hi

i know this is an old post. Which doctor did you see?

thank you
Liz

GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search