Any recommendations for a light weight stroller?

Any recommendations for a light weight stroller?

Author
silverback
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)Supreme Being (95 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

DD is almost 7 months and i'm thinking of buying at light weight stroller as the 3 wheeler jogger is getting to be a real pain to lug around everywhere...does anyone have anything to recommend? Just something to wizz up the road with etc rather than cart the big one up and down the stairs etc. I have heard McLaren are good?

Thanks

Juz

bordercollie
bordercollie
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)Supreme Being (221 reputation)

Hi

The quick smart stroller is good - with one qualification. If you are taller than 165 cm or so (5 '7"), you will find it hard to push - handles are too low. (I am and luckily tried it first so didn't get one). It is good though - folds up into a backpack and is light. Otherwise a $30 foldup one from Big W is good, or any umbrella style stroller. My "little" stroller is a Valco urban - was about $160 but weight is just over 5kg and it works from birth. Great after a c/section when you aren't supposed to lift more than the baby (my two were 4kg born so this worked!!)

Good luck - my first stroller is 14 odd kg so I know what you mean!

Nicole

DS 1 4

DS 2 1

That's it!
ToodlePopsMum
ToodlePopsMum
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)Supreme Being (293 reputation)

Hi Ther

Choice magazine did a survey a while back on strollers.  The article is available on line however you have to be a Choice member (paid membership) so I have logged in and found the following for you - all of these passed their rigorous testing and are ranked in order from best (past with flying colours) to passing.

1) MacLaren Vogue Storm

2) Childcare Discovery

3) Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

4) Love N Care Victory II BP

5) Swallow Apollo

6) Steelcraft Acclaim

Hope this helps!

Stickybaby
Stickybaby
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)

It depends how much you want to spend.  Just go to a baby shop with a large range and have a good look and test drive.  Work out exactly what it is in the stroller you are after then test them out.  Do you want one that is easy to steer and has storage room, or do you want one that is the most compact for easy transport?  Do you want the ability to put one of those skateboard things on the back later.  Reclining/Hood/cup holder?

I have a steelcraft something-a-rather and love it.  It was $140.  Good luck, Strollers are SOOOOO much better than prams!

HeatherScott
HeatherScott
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)Forum Guru (73 reputation)

Hi,

I feel lot of factors needs to be considered before you buy a stroller such as: lifestyle you follow, size of the stroller, ease of access & weight of the stroller.

For my kids, after careful consideration I bought Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller. This was easy to recline & swivel, compact and lightweight stroller

Hope this information is useful to you.

GO