good baby monitor

good baby monitor

Author
simsarah
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Hi

Does anyone know of a good baby monitor that both the baby and the parent unit are rechargeable and Mobil? Preferable digital.

Ta

Nicknbub
Nicknbub
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)Supreme Being (9.3K reputation)

One thing i realised when my son was young, was that the baby monitor did not really get used and when it did i really did not need it as i would hear him anyway. so befor getting one, ask yourself if you really do need it (will you hear your baby wake during the night without one? ) and what features you really need (do both units really need to be recharchable?) some monitors can cost a fortune, i had a $40 one and it was fine for us, but never really needed it as i was a light sleeper so heard him wake every time, and his room was never far away from where i was so always heard him. So when i did use the monitor, the cheap basic one was perfect

simsarah
simsarah
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)Supreme Being (500 reputation)

Yer I do need one as I have a 2yr old who wants to play outside  and a 8mth old who sleeps 2-3 times a day. Don’t need it for night just day so every ones needs get meet. We had a cheap one but picked up to much interface and my DH blow the digital one up soon just looking for a happy medium

danabi
danabi
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)

I had a Angelcare for both my kids, the one with the movement sensor so bub stops breathing or moving an alarm goes off.  My daughter is at the back of the house and the handset used to sit outside with us while my son played.  It has 2 channels so you can pick which one you want to use.  My hubby used power tools while it was on and never got any static or feedback.  On downside, quite expensive but look on ebay.

Carolyn

Mum to DS Aspie (5) and DD NT (3)

Tammy J
Tammy J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)

I know its not an actual baby monitor but I use a Oricom PMR3000.  Its a Two-way radio with a charging station that docs both units.  You can set one of the units to Baby which means that it won't receive any signals but will relay any noise made by your baby.  It has a very good range and I have yet to have any interference on it.  Additionally they are relatively inexpensive (about $70) and can be purchased from Repco and once you no longer need it for bub they can be used as they are intended. Smile

simsarah
simsarah
Supreme Being

That is and awesome idea tammy j I’m going to do that thanks heaps

Tammy J
Tammy J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)Supreme Being (650 reputation)

Your welcome - I can't take all the credit for it tho.  My ever industrial brother bought them for me..... LOL - typical man's idea.... practical.

rosekelin
rosekelin
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)

2.4ghz is the ONLY way to go (trust me). Anything less and you will get static/fuzz. I got mine here http://safebabymonitors.com/video-baby-monitors.html, starter version works great.
rhettsmile
rhettsmile
Forum Member
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)

Large part of the baby monitors are wireless and portable, there is a page list many types of wireless video baby monitor, you can try to find the best one you need.
shamel
shamel
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)

We bought the Phillips Avent digital monitor, approx $150 as we had previously borrowed a friends cheapie monitor and we were receiving lots of interference and constant static. The Avent monitor is digital and both units are rechargeable - there is also a sensitivity adjustment button so you can have set to hear everything - I can even hear my boy breathing through it or set it on a low sensitivity as they get older, so you only hear them if you need to. I also like it cause it has a talk feature in the parents unit so if baby is destressed you can talk through the monitor to let them know your coming.

Shamel
GO

Reading This Topic

© 2006-2016 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved.
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner.
Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Raising Children Network

Search